At Harvard's Tanner Fountain after the movies - V's first trip to Harvard Square!
Monday, August 10, 2009
Taking risks
Today temperatures reached up into the mid-90s in Cambridge. Seeking refuge in central air, we decided to try to take little V with us to the movies as mom and I really wanted to see Julie and Julia. We thought there wouldn't be too many people there in the middle of the day on a Monday. When we were approaching the theater there were very dark storm clouds on the horizon and I was worried about my open windows at home. Violet had also already been sleeping for over an hour and we had no idea how long she'd stay sleeping. We decide to throw caution to the wind and go for it anyway. I had to step out for a couple of the opening scenes as of course she woke up right when the movie started because there were so many previews, but I just nursed her in the dark theater and by mid-movie she was fast asleep again. When we came out of the theater the storm clouds had cleared and the expected deluge of rain had not materialized. It was a great movie and another nice foray back into the outside world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are more confident than I was. I always wanted to go to a movie with him, but I never did. (and we still haven't). Good going. Did you like the movie? I liked the book.
ReplyDeleteI love the updates. Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteLove, Dad/Grandad (from Scotland)