
As of yesterday, Violet weighs 8 lbs 7 oz. I talked to the doctor about her propensity to want to nurse constantly and he said we might want to try stretching out the feedings to at least 2 hours because I'll have more milk for her that way and it might make it easier to transition to daycare when I go back to work. So we tried it today. It seems possible, but it's hard work because it requires a lot of soothing between feedings. Today it rained ALL day here so we didn't go out for any walks which usually helps V sleep during the day. Mom left this morning and we took her to the airport (largely without tears!) so that was our only outing today. I held her off to every 2 hours until about 7pm when I relented and went back to "on demand" feeding. She finally let me take a 10 minute break at about 9pm to heat up some dinner. All that growing is hard work!
Mom's platitudes of the day: 1.Into every life, some rain must fall; 2. the sun will come out, tomorrow (according to weather.com); 3. What would Ted Kennedy do?
ReplyDeleteYaay, she's growing, you're doing a great job. Love you both very much and look forward to seeing you both!
ReplyDeleteShe will get into a rhythm...though in the meantime it is hard to know which work to pick - the nursing or the soothing, yes? Congrats on the clean scan!
ReplyDeletethat is a funny picture - is that "nursey face"?
ReplyDelete