Today Violet had a very good day. She was a charming baby for most of the day, cooing and blowing little bubbles and generally being extremely pleasant. This was in stark contrast to yesterday when she seemed to be going through some sort of growth spurt or something. She seemed to just want to nurse the entire day and night yesterday (as opposed to most days when she just wants to nurse most of the time). I feel like the "8-12 feedings/day" that they tell you to expect in the books is ludicrous. I usually loose count around 20...(am I doing something wrong? is little Violet going to balloon into a blimp?) We attempted to go pick Mom up from the airport and we had to stop twice in Kendall square for nursing, a diaper change, more nursing, lullabies, and a walk around the block. She was back into her "someone is definitely torturing me" cries when we finally got to Logan an hour later and by that time I was in tears too. Of course just when you think you can't take it any more, she changes and today she was the sweetest baby on the block. We took her on 2 walks, gave her a bath she seemed to enjoy, and had a lot of quality "play" time where she just looked out at us with what I like to call "the look of wonder." She spend a good 5 minutes working on her head control during tummy time without any complaints. We also attempted to give her her first bottle and she took 2 ounces without protest! (think this could continue?)
It's really really nice having mom back. She's cooking up a storm again and today she made fish tacos, peach crisp, rice pudding, and cookies! Best of all though it's just nice to have someone to share the look of wonder with.
I love reading your blog Lilli. You are a great writer and it has been a real joy reading about your adventures with V :) patti
ReplyDelete