Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day 9


V had a bit of a tough day today. It's hard when you stomach grows from the size of a marble to the size of an egg in just 10 days! The throughput for all that growing is quite impressive too! Mom and I took turns trying to soothe her - Mom loves to take her dancing in the living room and V loves it too.

Lilli and Violet (9 days) with Sarah and Henry (6 months)
Look how much her head will grow by 6 months! Incredible!
Even though we have our more challenging days, overall I'd still say we're doing really well. There are a couple of things I haven't figured out how to do though. How do you tell when a baby needs soothing or nursing? And, how do you wash your hands after changing a diaper on a baby who really doesn't like diaper changes and needs to be held afterwards?

2 comments:

  1. You'll learn Violet's cues soon enough! When T was an infant, I used the "EASY" method which is just a simple order of things: eat, activity, sleep, you. He would eat, we would play, then he'd konk himself out and I'd clean up. When he'd wake up and fuss, it was because he was hungry. If he was playing and would fuss, it was either because he was tired or overstimulated. If he was eating and would fuss, it was because he was gassy or needed a new position. Helped minimize the possibilities!

    As for washing your hands, I'd just use a baby wipe on my hands and then a squirt of hand sanitizer before I picked him up. That got me through until I could get to the sink!

    ~Lisa de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keep sanitizer everywhere, especially next to your favorite nursing spot. It turns out you can do almost anything one-handed, EXCEPT washing your hands!

    ReplyDelete