Thursday, February 25, 2010
3 years out
I went back to Dana Farber today for my 3 year check up and got a clean bill of health. Every year my chances of recurrence get slimmer and slimmer. I have now graduated to yearly scans until year 5 when they'll stop scanning me all together. It was fun to remember being there with Violet when she was just 4 weeks old. What craziness that was! I didn't get quite as good service this time without a newborn, and it's never fun to get poked and prodded and see so many sick people. However, it's always a good reality check to go there and find out that I'm healthy and remember just how lucky I am. Dr. LaCasce (sorry Mom, I didn't get a picture because she was wearing a mask since she was a little sick due to her son's recent conversion from a nanny to daycare) told me that she had recently read a study about how daycare might be good for preventing Lymphoma and Leukemia because it's good for children to be exposed early to childhood diseases to build up their immune systems. Boy did that make me happy. She rocks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
She rocks. You rock. Violet rocks. Hooray for health!
ReplyDelete