Tuesday, November 3, 2009

"was happy"

Today Violet's report from daycare was that she "was happy"! We love "was happy" days. She was probably especially happy today because she took an almost 3 hour nap! Up until now, the longest nap she's taken there has been under an hour, so this is huge! I try not to log into the web cam too much when I'm at work, but every now and then I just miss her so much I can't help it. Today I logged on and watched her roll over! I have mixed feelings about the first time I've seen Violet really roll all the way over being on a web cam, but I'm definitely proud of her. And, she did it again this evening when we were playing.

We're making it through this first week of working full time ok so far. Perhaps it is true what some have told me that babies who are full time in daycare do better there because they get used to the routine. Who knows if it's her just getting older or what but she also seems to be going to sleep more easily at night. All that rolling and playing with her friends is tiring I guess! It certainly makes me feel a ton better about everything that she "was happy". Tonight I ate dinner, put V to bed, sterilized all the bottles and showered by 9:30pm! As soon as I pump one last time and sterilize all the pump parts, I will collapse into bed myself!

2 comments:

  1. great post! sounds like both mommy and baby were happy. love the pics from the naming ceremony, too! what a wonderful community of friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh...you just brought back memories of pumping and sterilizing bottles...oy. not fun.

    ReplyDelete