Sunday, November 15, 2009

Party Animal

We've survived the second week back to work full time and I dare say we're falling into a rhythm. Violet "was happy" every day last week! One day when I picked her up, she was just smiling and smiling at Naveed, one of her teachers who went on and on about Violet had had such a good day. I very happy that she seems loved. I do still worry though, about lots of things - including H1N1 which seems like a disaster waiting to happen there. I was able to get vaccinated myself this week, but babies have to be at least 6 months old.

This weekend was full of parties. Friday night there was a rocking potluck at daycare. We didn't stay too long as it was very hot and the chairs were all very small, but it was nice to meet some of the other parents and hear their thoughts on the center. Saturday we went to a neighbor's surprise birthday party down the street. Violet went to sleep in her car seat at 8:30 and mommy was able to enjoy some adult conversation and beverages. Today we went to a friends' "baby barn raising" party complete with a fiddle player and square dancing - Miss V even got her diaper changed on a hay bale for the first time! This weekend I also witnessed the first giggle - best sound ever! I wish I could stay home and tickle her forever!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lilli, I am just signing in after having missed quite a few terrific Violet episodes. I just wanted to assure you that Violet is our sunshine..what a radiance she casts!! I am hoping that this week was as wonderful as the previous ones. I am so sorry that I missed your visit to Washington but rest assured, the Nelson/Starrs are beaming at her and will be sure to catch her on the next visit. She continues to become prettier and prettier.

    Many Blessings,

    Carol, Catherine, Lizzy
    Chris, Todd, Maggie, Will, Sam, and Luke

    ReplyDelete