Monday, October 26, 2009

Violet goes to Washington


Violet and I went down to DC this weekend so that I could attend my 20th high school reunion. We did pretty well on our first plane ride together. Violet dutifully let me take off her booties to go through security without too much protest. On the way back our flight was pretty empty I learned that it's really nice to have the car seat on the plane and it fits perfectly in the seats. It's also nice to have a 99 mph tail wind that gets you in 20 minutes early. V had some issues with her ears on the way down and let out some quality screams, but once we were on the ground, she settled down. Everyone around us was very nice and said how cute she was and that "they'd been there" whatever that means.

It was also my first night out without V! I was nervous about leaving her because I somehow thought that no one could put her to bed besides me and that she would just cry and cry all night and drive her grandparents crazy. Boy was I wrong. On Friday night, I went out to the homecoming football game and got a text message at about 11 that said, V is sound asleep - don't hurry home. This was ironic on many levels. How things have changed in 20 years that my parents are first of all texting me and then they're telling me not to come home! Mom said they just rocked her a bit until she was relaxed and then put her in the pack and play to sleep and she went to sleep. WOW! I was very impressed and will definitley try it at home! The next night when I went to the cocktail party she went to sleep in her crib on her own again! It was wonderful to be out at a party and fantastic to reconnect with dear old friends.

Sunday, Mom and Dad had a really nice party to show off Miss V and she even got serenaded by the Wild Rice trio. What a lucky girl she is.


4 comments:

  1. the video is fantastic! what was i so embarrassed about? ;) so sorry I had to miss monday lunch. hurry back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Notice how Lisa repeats the "oh my" gesture her mother has just made? We had such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - this is truly priceless. Violet is a lucky lady, indeed! (And hopefully not too traumatized... :) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the embarrassed look of Lisa. Classic. Forgot to tell you to nurse on take off and landing so that she wouldn't fuss. Next time....love you

    ReplyDelete