Friday, September 25, 2009
Shhhhhhhhh!
I'm scared to even write this, but little Violet is sleeping in her bassinet! Until tonight I've been often putting her down in her beloved car seat at night because it seemed to be the only place she felt secure sleeping on her own. Does she just always want to be on the go? Does she think she needs extra impact protection at night? "Bed time" - something I used to think would be very short, started out quite long but has been consistently getting shorter - 2 hrs, 1.5 hrs, 1 hr. Tonight she fell asleep around 7:30pm while nursing and I decided to put her in her own bed at around 8pm. Cross your fingers she doesn't wake up! Every one's favorite question is "is she sleeping through the night?" Before I had a child I didn't see how strange a question this is. It seems that people have many definitions of what this actually means. Some claim that a 5 hour stretch means "sleeping through the night." I think this is pretty silly if the stretch is from 8pm-1am. Violet did do this the other night (in her car seat) but hasn't repeated this feat. She is usually up every 3 hours or so to nurse. This hasn't really been so big a problem because I just bring her into my bed and we both fall asleep while nursing. They say that the time could come when she'll sleep 12 hours a night without waking !?! That will be a great night. Argh 8:50pm and she's awake...9:22pm back in bassinet, tightly swaddled this time....and the night goes on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
okay i am bleary-eyed just reading that report. bless your heart mommy! you need some sleep girl!
ReplyDelete