Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Back To Work

I went into the office this afternoon to begin my transition back to work. After some last minute negotiating, they have been very accommodating about letting me work half time for the next 6 weeks which I think will help ease our transition. It is still pretty hard to get out of the house with such an unpredictable, fire ball baby, but the stream of visits from my wonderful family continues. My Aunt Karen got here yesterday and is helping watch V when I have to work. Poor Karen has been thrown right into the fire - after arriving on the red eye she unknowingly made the tactical mistake of letting me take a shower instead of grabbing one herself and when I had to go off to work, little V wouldn't even let her get dressed until after noon!

Returning to work was better than I expected. After 7 very intense weeks, it was actually nice to have a little break from my little Violet. It was also nice to return to my other baby - the software that I've worked on for the past 8 years and see how much it had changed while I was gone. When I left I had been working on designing a bunch of new sustainable design features and it was great to see them implemented! I'm sure that as we get into a routine, work and home will both get a little less exciting, but for today it was wonderful to go to work and see all the changes there and then come home and appreciate little Violet even more. I swear she grew while I was away and there were no tears after I got home... and nursed her - pretty much continually. Bed time is down to an hour and a half (cross your fingers). It would be so nice if bed time will really work and I can have just a little time to myself at night. This might just work out after all.

1 comment:

  1. You have such incredible perspective as you cross over each momentous stop on this journey. I am so proud of you and continue to be in awe!! Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete