Monday, September 28, 2009

My Favorite Things

Polka dot blankets and hand knitted sweaters
Tiny white onesies with embroidered letters
Rides in the stroller and naps in the swing
These are a few of my favorite things

White cotton booties and crisp air in autumn
Staticy stations and cream on my bottom
Breast milk that flows from my mom like a spring
These are a few of my favorite things

When I'm hungry
When I'm tired
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember a few of these things
And then I don't feel so bad!

(additional verses welcome)

2 comments:

  1. this is fantastic! you have a future as a children's recording artist, i can tell. time to find yourself an agent. ("autumn" and "bottom" is my favorite rhyme!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! I have some verses about my dog but was thinking I needed to write one for Sophie!

    ReplyDelete