
When winter ends and the weather is as nice as it's been the past couple days, it always makes me think that Cambridge isn't such a bad place to live after all. We went on another one of our neighborhood walks tonight and saw several neighbors along the way. Violet thinks kids are hilarious and while I was talking to one mom she was just watching and watching her 6 year old daughter and she started giggling hysterically. A giggling baby close to your chest in the Ergo is a pretty great feeling.
I've been impressed with Cambridge for a couple other reasons lately too. Our library, which just opened a fabulous new wing down the street sent Violet a welcome to the world package containing 2 books - one on Global Babies, another book called Let's Play with fabulous photography and a tote bag. What a thoughtful and welcoming gift! Additionally, the Cambridge Police took my stolen wallet seriously and actually went down to Dorchester and Quincy to see if they could match up the security video with my fraudulent credit card transactions. Unfortunately, they didn't have any luck, but the detective who contacted me (via email) was so incredibly nice and I was impressed that they even tried at all!
I've been impressed with Cambridge for a couple other reasons lately too. Our library, which just opened a fabulous new wing down the street sent Violet a welcome to the world package containing 2 books - one on Global Babies, another book called Let's Play with fabulous photography and a tote bag. What a thoughtful and welcoming gift! Additionally, the Cambridge Police took my stolen wallet seriously and actually went down to Dorchester and Quincy to see if they could match up the security video with my fraudulent credit card transactions. Unfortunately, they didn't have any luck, but the detective who contacted me (via email) was so incredibly nice and I was impressed that they even tried at all!
That is pretty neat of the library. And emails from the detectives! Drag they didn't find the person but yeah - Yay Cambridge! And having bad weather makes you really cherish the good days. I'm probably the reverse here with the heat to your snow.
ReplyDelete