Sunday, December 13, 2009
Lots of laundry
Friday, after dealing with an impressive side poop explosion, I discovered the difference between spit up and throw up. They said I'd know and they were right. Daycare had given V some formula because they thought she was crying for more food. I think she actually had a little bug because when we brought her home, she gagged and all the formula came right back up requiring and immediate Violet and mommy wardrobe changes. I could tell that little V wasn't herself - she seemed a little quieter and paler than usual. After I got all our clothes changed I wanted to soothe her so I sat down and nursed her before reading that was the LAST thing you're supposed to do. Midway into boob 2, everything came right back up again - an impressive amount for such a little girl. This time it was directly into the bathtub for both of us. So I had a brief taste of what it's like when your kid is sick - not fun at all and pretty scary. I wasn't sure how to take her temperature either, but when I figured it out, she didn't have any fever which was a relief. She went right to bed at 7:30pm. Not wanting vomit in my bed, I resolved to nurse her and then put her back in her crib all night - and it worked! She still awoke at 10:30pm, 1:30am and 4:30am for food, but she nursed for 15 minutes and went right back to sleep in her crib. I think we both slept better in our own beds. She seemed completely fine the next day. I've also discovered that if I really think she's sleepy and put her down in her crib, I can let her cry for a just a few minutes and she WILL go to sleep! It feels kind of mean to let her cry, but it also feel good to be in charge around here. V NEEDS her sleep, so I'm convinced that putting her down early for bed and making sure she gets her naps is important. We'll see if I can maintain the actual getting up in the middle of the night thing. I felt pretty good the next day - it might be better getting up for 2 15-minute feedings than waking up every hour and trying to sleep with V attached to me. We'll see. Anyway, there was LOTS of laundry to do this weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
dont forget to add 2 degrees to the under-arm-temperature
ReplyDelete