When Violet first received these adorable outfits from a very kind cousin, it was hard to imagine them ever fitting. Well, today I tried them on, and what do you know, they fit! Today was V's 4 month check up and she's officially doubled her birth weight. Moving into the 75th percentile, she now weights 15 lbs. She's off the chart in height at 26 1/2 inches. No wonder she's fitting into some 6 month clothes already!
The pediatrician and I talked a lot about sleep or lack there of. Violet is still waking up every 2-3 hours at night. She suggested that I put her down a bit earlier because babies get so easily over tired and then don't sleep well. It's tough to put her down at 7pm when we get home at 6pm. That's just not much play time, but I do want her to get good sleep. The earlier bed time didn't work tonight because I think she was so exhausted at day care that she fell asleep at 3:45pm and kept sleeping right through the car ride home until 6:30pm....sigh. I was bad last night and kept her out way too late because I was experimenting with taking her over to a friend's house for dinner. It was just too interesting for her and she couldn't go to sleep and then turned into a basket case. We'll just try bed time at 7pm again tomorrow night and hopefully she'll start sleeping some longer stretches soon.
I remember when Beverly's package came and we thought it would be many months before those cute duds would fit. Hugs and kisses for the big girl!
ReplyDeleteOMG, Stephen was like 5 or months old when he doubled his birth weight. Your doing a great job
ReplyDelete