Friday, April 8, 2011

20 months!

Dear Violet,
Today you are 20 months and 8 days old! Mama hasn't forgotten about you. She's just been busy...and stressed. The week before last I was sick, the next week you were sick with a fever that wouldn't quit. Luckily you were otherwise OK, but it was a tough week for me to stay home with you. My boss was in town and I really needed to be in the office. I had to scramble for a last minute babysitter to stay home with you because you couldn't go to school with a fever. Leaving you with a stranger when you were sick was definitely not ideal, but you were a trooper and we came out of it with a great new babysitter. This past week was better because your super Aunts Karen and Jorene came into town to see us. They took care of you while I went to present a paper at a conference downtown. You really had a good time hanging out with them. I could tell how much fun you had when I came home at night. It was great for me to get to stay out at night without worrying that you were being taken care of for once. My presentation went well; in no small part due to the fact that you were being so well taken care of.

Yesterday you finally went back to school and I know you were very glad to see your friends. You ran in and started playing right away as if you'd never been gone and I was lucky to get a kiss good bye! Unfortunately though, school really tuckers you out and you are often really tired at night and don't want to do things like put on your pajamas and brush your teeth. There is just so much to learn and do in the world, it's hard to wind down. You are still learning so much every day. I've heard you sing a pretty good rendition of the alphabet song up to about K and you are very interested in colors. Right now you tell us that everything is green, but I know you know other colors like purple and yellow too. I love how you say anything with an "L" sound in it like "yellow" or "blue" you like to just let the "L"s roll off your tongue like they are completely falling out of your mouth. Such gusto you have. Aunt Karen and Jorene took you to get your first real haircut the other day. They said you were very good as you currently really like to have your hair done. Your dear curls were enhanced by the cut. Well dear girl, I'm off to bed. Love you times a million,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment