Monday, August 23, 2010

Baby steps

Violet took multiple steps in a row today. Of course it happened first at daycare, but she was still wobbling around and giggling in front of the mirror, so incredibly proud of herself, when I picked her up. Mom and I had been trying to get her to take some steps yesterday, but yesterday, she was content to use the walker or get down and crawl. Before I know it she'll be running off.

Mom was here this past weekend while I took my own sort of baby steps and went off to Chicago to see my UVA friends. It was really nice to have a break and get away, however, it was also really hard to leave - I honestly missed Violet a lot and being without her felt kind of like I was missing a limb. It was nice to see my friends - we went to some fabulous restaurants including Carnivale and Sunda. Of course, I was so tired and it was hard to stay up late - even for dessert at Hot Chocolate (yum!!), but we had lots of fun and good talks. It was a luxurious trip and I felt kind of like I was visiting my old life. I got a pedicure, did some shopping and went for a long bike ride on the shore of Lake Michigan. I breezed through he airport and read a novel. I was further spoiled by the fact that while I was away, not only did Mom take care of Violet, but she also went to the grocery store, did a bunch of cooking, and did all my laundry. How great is that?! When I got back, Violet was glad to see me, but also definitely in love with her grandmommy, it makes me so happy to have them know eachother so well.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, I went to the Hot Chocolate shop and found what I want for Christmas! Please post a video of V walking, if you can catch her in action.

    ReplyDelete