Sunday, March 14, 2010

Nor'easter weekend

We've had a bad storm here this entire weekend. It's been raining and blowing like crazy so it's been a good weekend to work on naps. The sleep book I read by Weissbluth a sleep researcher at Norwestern University says that offering your child sleep is as important as offering them good food and I think this is probably very true. He recommends a 9am nap time for a 7-month old baby who gets up at 7am. This always seemed crazy to me - V never seemed that tired at 9am, and it was only 2 hours after she woke up! However, I've been worried that she hasn't been napping enough at day care (usually around 2 30minute naps is all she sleeps!) so I wanted to see if the 9am nap time would help. So I got her up at 7am, we rolled around and played for a while, had breakfast, and then I tried nursing her down at 8:45ish and what do you know it worked! She took an hour nap yesterday and a 2 hour nap today! She went down pretty easily for the 1pm nap too - sleeping another 2.5 hours this afternoon! She had a little bit of a hard time going to sleep tonight, but that's more likely because of daylight savings time.

The all night sleep was unfortunately a one time event. She's back to one waking, however I can't say that I really mind this one waking. It's only for 10 minutes and I know it won't last forever. She's just so dear - I must say that 7 months is quite a sweet age. We're so looking forward to our upcoming trip down to Florida next weekend - it was good to know that better weather is in our future after battling such torrential rains.

No comments:

Post a Comment