Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Loved



Baby Violet and I are feeling very loved. Here we are lying on a quilt that my brother-in-law's Mom made by hand - it's humbling to think about all the work that went into making such a work of art! My mom was here this weekend doing some great cooking and baby lovin'. Violet barely cried the whole time she was here. What a change from the last time mom was here. We fed V cereal for the first time on Saturday and she knew just what to do - slurped it down like she'd been doing it all her life. It was a beautiful day on Saturday so we took baby V out for the maiden journey in the jogging stroller. It was a success - V slept the entire hour and a half ride. I wasn't exactly jogging, but the big tires were great on the sidewalks that still have some snow on them. Saturday night, I got to go out to a party which was fun - it felt so good to be out at night again! Violet woke up while I was gone and sucked down 6 oz of milk from a bottle. Mom was sure that she would sleep through the night after that plus all the cereal, but alas, she was up at 1am and 4am like usual. Sunday night I went out again to meet up with a friend for a drink. This time I got back before V's first waking though and nursed her right after I pumped and she slept longer after that (strange, but true). Sunday night it snowed and Mom's Monday morning flight got cancelled so she had to stay an extra day. Lucky us! Monday night V finally decided to skip the 10pm feeding and slept from 6:30pm to 2:30am. Mom pointed out as I fumbled around at 3am that V had slept her first 8 hour stretch! Hurray V! Of course she was up from 2:30am-4:30am, but we'll work on that.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Great picture of both of you!

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean's mom made that quilt? amazing! and how kind! love the picture. wish i was close by to babysit so you could go grab another drink. ;)

    ReplyDelete